BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Nursing ADVICE PLEASE

SO, I need some advice... all you moms out there, help me out PLEASE!
Jeseppi is not interested in Nursing anymore, he absolutely refuses to nurse on the right side, and the left.. well, he'll eat maybe one time a day and once at night.. How do I introduce formula? he is drinking from a sippi cup, but he refused formula from it and then I tried a bottle and he was not interested in the formula that way either. I thought it would be easy to do formula because he never turns anything away. He loves food and feels so cool eating big boy food, but he's not picky at all with food.
I have to be honest, I am a little sad that he is done, I feel like its just another sign that he's growing up and not a baby anymore. This was our one special bond that we had, just mommy and baby. I was not planning on stopping yet, but it seems clear that he's ready. and I think that would be nice not to be bitten anymore.. but, Maybe its just hormone's that are changing that is making me so sad.
anyway, advice please.
how often do I give him formula and how much? how much does he need? and how do I introduce formula? sippy cup, bottle, different kind of sippy? anything would help!
THANKS

4 comments:

Kate said...

hey Corie, this is Kate Ferris from the ward, I just barely saw your blog from Whitney's blog and I had a similar situation with Morgan so I thought I'd tell you what I did. Morgan was about 8 months and SO hard to nurse because she was just so distracted so after feeling super guilty I finally switched to just formula and it turned out to be great and such a stress reliever. The formula is still really good for them and I figure they got the good stuff when they really needed it like the first couple months. My pediatrician said 6 months is great (even though a year is recommended...). Anyways we gave Morgan formula in a bottle and only juice/water in a sippy. But whatever you do is fine, I have just heard that you want them off a bottle by age 1. Also Morgan had to drink her formula BEFORE (which really helped) she got her cereal or other food, because under a year old, that is still mainly what they need. As to how much our doctor said they need at least 24 oz. of formula a day up till age one. So we usually gave Morgan 8 oz. bottles 4 times a day, before breakfast, lunch, dinner, and bed. anyways good luck, I definitely know that it is hard to know what to do. You'll do great!

Kristi and Kory Jones said...

I can't help ya there. but I'm sure you can help me by the time I get to that point! gotta love being the youngest in the family. Good luck though. I bet it would be really sad to stop cuz I'm sure it makes you realize how fast they are growing.

Tecia said...

trust me when he is hungry he will drink from the bottle. I can never make it the whole year in nursing. You can always pump if you want him to have your milk and put it in his food or mix with formula. You can do a sippy, I say do anything that he would drink from. Don't give up though it can take a couple of days for him to start drinking the formula so don't give up. He will eat when he is hungry.

Anonymous said...

I would introduce it with a bottle, since it's the most similar to the boobie:) I hope you have WIC, cause formula is expensive!! Good luck though!