BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Am I Crazy?

So, my sister Kristi wants to run a triathlon with her on MAY 1st. AHHH.
It is the one at USU and its not a FULL triathlon, but its still gonna kill me!
I have never even ran a 5k, so I have 4.5 weeks to train for this thing, and I'm actually really excited because I need to get this BUTT in gear again and this will seriously push me to do it. I am super nervous and am just banking on the fact that I'll be heading up the REAR! haha.
here is my training schedule: (Kristi and I are both doing this)

Week 1: Mon Strength training
Tues Bike 40min Run 10min
Wed Swim 30min Run 15min
Thurs.Run 30min and strength training
Fri. Run 45min
Sat. All 3 (run/swim/bike) 90 min.
Sun. Rest
Week 2:
Mon. Strength training
Tues. Run 40 min Bike 30
Wed. Strength/ Bike 30
Thurs. Run 25/swim30
Fri. Run 50 min
Sat. Swim 30/Run 45
Week 3:
Mon. Strength training
Tuesday Bike 40/Run 15
Wed. Swim 15/Run 40
Thurs. Run 40/strength
Fri. Run 55 min
Sat. Swim 30/Bike 60
Week 4:
Mon. Strength
Tues. Run 45 min
Wed. Bike 40/Strength
Thurs. Swim 30/Run 30
Fri. Run60 min
Sat. Swim 30/Run 60
Week 5:
Mon. Strength
Tues. Bike 30/Run 30
Wed. Swim 30/Run 30
Thurs. Run 30
Fri. Rest
Sat. Triathlon

I'm gonna have to be super strict. Mike said he'd be my personal trainer... He won't run or bike or swim with me but he'll get me out the door to do it. What a sweetheart. All I can think of is, well two things, 1-I'm gonna die and 2- I'm gonna be SO HOT when this is over. (at least I hope I will be!)
Wish me luck.

13 comments:

Emily Marie said...

OOH good luck! That sounds like fun! I wish my sisters would run with me..well Sarah did before and we will do it again! Except we only do the 10K and no more! :)

Anonymous said...

You go girl! You can do it! And don't worry, you're hot already! :)

Hailey Jones said...

i love it.
triathalon = so amazing.
i love swimming + biking and sorta running.
can we have a party soon.
you, me, lee, and toy.
please.

love you.

and jesep not jacop.
sorry i called him the wrong name.

Trent and Whit said...

Go Corie!!! That's awesome!

The Judd Family said...

That will be so much fun! Good luck with it. Take care of yourself and enjoy the experience. Wish I could join in on the fun. You will be awesome!

Cameron and Carly said...

You may be crazy but also brave! I wish I could do that but I know for sure I would never follow through! Good luck maybe duke and I will come and support!

Kristi and Kory Jones said...

Your post made me feel so cool! haha I'm so excited for this race.. but not excited for all the training.. especially while trying to finish P90X. I'm going to die these next 3 weeks doing both!
We can do it! and We will be so proud of ourselves for accomplishing this goal. you will look hot Sis... you already are! Serious!
I'm so happy we are doing it together! "SISTERS...sisters" (Song)

Kris Hewitt said...

You're going to do great! It makes me miss running... can't wait to start after this baby comes.

Anonymous said...

good job! I will be eating cupcakes on the couch while you run:) lol

JAKE AND STACY said...

You are a superwoman. I really would die so I commend you on just being willing. good luck!!

Angela said...

hey my long lost friend corie! I founded you! Send me your email when you get a chance. And we need to get together. Good luck on the triathlon. I surely couldn't do it.

...DAVE and KATHRYN... said...

That's so impressive, Cor! I can't wait to hear how it goes...I know you'll do just great :) Let's play soon. Love ya!

Bailey Family said...

Div!!! ITs Tiki!! How are you girl??? I am so happy to see that you have a blog and I can find out what you have been up to the past couple of years. What a cute family you have. Your little boy is darling! I have a blog but it is private, send me your email address to Lindsayr_33@hotmail.com and I will send you an invite if you want. Way to go at training for your triathlon, i cant wait to hear how that goes. You will do awesome! You are so cute!!