BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 3, 2010

We did it!!!






The triathlon was on Saturday May 1. Kristi (my sister) swam 500 meters, biked 8 miles and ran a 5k at the USU BMtriathlon in Logan Utah. Kristi's husband and in-laws watched our babies and came to cheer us on! It was so much fun to have a small crowd taking pictures and cheering for us. We were so happy everytime we saw them.
I am happy to report that we made it through it all without walking and without coming in very last! Which both were my goals!
Kristi was quite a bit faster than I was at the swim, she totally lapped me! We decided to do the whole thing together though so she transitioned a little slower to the bike and I booked it in the transition to be with her in the bike. I was a little faster at the bike so once I got through the hills I slowed down and let her catch up. Her back brake on her bike was rubbing the back tire, so it made her go a little slower, I am almost positive that she'd be faster than me in the bike too, if it weren't for the brake. The run we were right with eachother till the finish line!
It was so much fun doing my first race with someone else, we didn't care about our time, we just wanted to have fun and we totally did!
We even made a playlist of the same songs for our ipods so we could listen to the same thing at the same time as we biked and ran together, sadly somehow they became out of sink and it didn't workout, it was funny because we knew what eachother was listening to because I was about 3 soungs different from her!
I Love my sissy poo! She really is so much fun and I have so many wonderful memories with her, this is just one of MANY MANY, and many many more to come as well!
I feel so accomplished, my goal this year was to run in a 5k race and here I am doing a triathlon as my first race EVER! thats pretty cool I think! I'm proud of us! haha.
here are a few pictures of the race!

8 comments:

Hailey Jones said...

i am seriously doing this next year.
please please please.

Emily Marie said...

So awesome! Love you guys!

Kris Hewitt said...

Triatholon! Awesome... congrats on finishing without walking or being last. You rock! I have been itching to run so badly. I can't wait until I can get back into the swing of things.

Olivia Heilmann said...

That is too fun!!! I love it.

Jessie said...

I'm so impressed! nice job! We should do some kind of Oakcrest Triathalon! Stay awake for 24 hours straight...play with the parachute for 1 hour, run up and down east 3 times! I like it.

Kyle and Amanda said...

I am SO SO proud of you! Please make me do one with you so I can be healthy!

*~**~Matina & Kamie~**~* said...

Corie! That is soo neat good for you! I love seeing you have such a cute family we NEED to get together with our boys ASAP!

Trent and Whit said...

wow, Super Woman!!! That's awesome!! I have issues running a 5k. . .you rock!