BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, May 29, 2011

THE LATEST PROJECT OF MINE

I Illustrated a book... WAHOO!! I'm an illustrator. ha ha.
okay, let me first tell you that this is a book that my sister Jami wrote. She really really wanted it to become a book because she thought it would do really well out in bear lake (where she lives)but waited a while to figure out how to go about the whole process. I finally told her that I'd love to take a whack at illustrating it and so I sketched countless pictures of what I thought the monster would look like. I finally came up with pictures and had to redo several of them and finally got them all just so, and we went to print this book- we decided to self-publish as of now.
One week in April I had the week off and I went out to Bear Lake and Jami and I went to a bunch of different stores with 1 mock up book (it was pretty close to being what the final book was going to look like). To our great surprise and thrill several places loved it and bought a bunch of books. We have sold over 300 books and were able to pay for most of the printing through our pre-sales.


Here is the front cover. -It's a hard bound book.

Here is the back cover.

This is Mike's favorite picture inside. There are several more.. it's very bright and very fun. Jeseppi LOVES his copy and asks me to read it to him all the time, and we don't even live in Bear Lake nor does he know anything about the legend. ha ha. There is a history page at the back of the book that talks about the legend, just for those who don't know the history.
We are very excited about this book. We are going to charge $18 for the book in Bear Lake but I have the go ahead to sell it to friends for $15. I have a box of books at my house just incase anyone wants a copy.

6 comments:

Emily Marie said...

Wow! That is awesome! Congratulations!!

Bonnie said...

Way cool! Shad has an idea for a children's book that he is going to write and illustrate with Haken. How did you get it printed?

Anonymous said...

yay!! I totally love that you illustrated this!! you rock! And I want to buy one for sure!!!

Michelle Glauser said...

That is so awesome. Congrats!

Kristi and Kory Jones said...

Of course I want one!!! :) I didn't know you would be able to sell them to friends and family yet, so that is why I haven't asked for one yet!
I am so proud of you sissy pooh!

Heidi said...

I love it! Congratulations that is so exciting!